[Spambayes] Spambayes 1.1a1 too many problems?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:34:25 CEST 2005

[Dick H]
> After I upgraded from 1.04 to 1.1a1 I had several problems that I had to decide
> to go back to 1.04.

The "a" in "1.1a1" stands for "alpha":  an alpha release is _expected_
to have problems.  Testing alpha releases and reporting the problems
(which you did) is the way those problems get fixed.

If you don't want to try pre-release software, then you shouldn't
download alpha or beta releases -- wait for "1.1".  On the other hand,
if nobody tries alpha and beta releases, there will never be a final
release <wink>.

Thanks for the report!

> 3) Intermittently, I saw e-mail message headers with the following errors:
> .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 452, in addSBHeaders
> .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 401, in RememberClassification
> .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 377, in modified
> .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 181, in store_msg
> .  File "shelve.pyc", line 130, in __setitem__
> .  File "bsddb\__init__.pyc", line 218, in __setitem__
> .DBRunRecoveryError: (-30978, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error,
> run database recovery -- PANIC: Invalid argument')

This one means your database is corrupted.  Unfortunately, there's no
cure for that short of retraining from scratch.