[Spambayes] Spambays mysteriously quit working.

Art Cataline art101 at musiciansrep.com
Sun Apr 10 14:27:59 CEST 2005

Hello,
After using your great product for over a year, I suddenly am faced with
a problem I cannot find the answer to.

Spambayes has quit removing spam when I hit "DELETE AS SPAM" and it also
cannot pull up the Spam Bayes Manager.  I have deleted Spam Bayes from
within control panel, and reinstalling but get the same result.  So I
went into registry (regedit from RUN) and removed all traces of anything
with the word spambayes in it.  Then tried re-installing.  Same problem.

Here is my config:

Windows XP Home with all service packs
Outlook 2002 (build 10.2627.2625)
I am running anti spyware regurarly, Adaware, Spybot S & D, Microsoft's
own version of Spyware removal, as well as protection against spyware.
I am behind a firewall, a Linksys router, but this never seemed to
matter before.  I also run Norton Antivirus every week, and at one time
it found that dreaded Cool Web Search, but a run of CWS shredder seemed
to get that nasty little bug out.

Please help, I changed my email to what I thought was fairly obscure,
but may have emailed the wrong person there by getting more spam daily.
Before using your product, and with my old mail Spam Bayes was catching
over 50 mails a day, and doing a damn fine job of it.  Now I am getting
only about 5 a day, but cannot get Spambayes or its manager to work.

Please help.

Sincerely yours,
Art Cataline
www.musiciansrep.com