[Spambayes] how to start spambayes

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Apr 9 00:13:54 CEST 2005

I've got Spambayes installed as a pop3 proxy under Fedora Core 3. I
would like to start it up automatically when I reboot. I also wonder if
it's possible to start it without having a terminal window. Forgive me
for I'm very new to Linux. In my first attempt I just included the
following lines in the rc.locat file:

cd /etc/spambayes-1.0.4
python scripts/sb_server.py

During boot-up, the computer got to 'start local', and just hung. Would
this be because it was trying to initiate a service that needed X to be
running?

Could one of you tell me a simple way of doing this? I did read the
enabling spamd as a unix daemon page on the Spambayes website, but, I
just don't know enough to know how to modify it.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA