[Spambayes] Concurrent DB access leads to corruption? (FAQquestion)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Apr 4 01:39:28 CEST 2005

[Skip]
> Yes, I believe it still is.  Most SpamBayes usage scenarios
> involve just one of the applications, so there's been no
> crying need to add locking so they can operate concurrently.

CVS Head (or 1.1a1 when it's out) supports using ZEO as a database backend.
(It hasn't been tested much, but I have been using the ZODB (FileStorage)
backend for months without any problems).

I think with ZEO any potential problems would raise ConflictErrors, which
you could catch (in the ZEOStorage class in storage.py, presumably) and deal
with appropriately.

Just a suggestion about one way to go...

=Tony.Meyer