[Spambayes] IMAP Error: Must specify server details first

Keith Russell usr7-28hl at xemaps.com
Thu Sep 30 09:37:11 CEST 2004

(I've tried twice to send this message and it hasn't arrived. My
utmost apologies if it ends up being duplicated.)

Tony Meyer wrote:

> You can work around it by stopping the script, then starting it again
> and trying to load the folder configuration pages.  (The script fails to
> realise that you have entered the server/user details when it's the same
> session).

> (If the workaround doesn't work (given that you got a slightly different
> error), let me know and I'll investigate further).

Wow, Tony, such service! Do you find time for anything else?

However, I'm still having trouble. So here's the dumb newbie
question of the day: HOW do I stop the script?

I didn't know how to stop it earlier today, and had to reboot my
system, so I just did it. I could have used Task Manager to kill
python, but I'm not sure that would have been any better.

Now, tonight, when I start the script:

sb_imapfilter.py -b -v

I'm not getting a browser window. The verbose output gives me
three messages, which look okay, with no errors, but no browser.
And opening a browser window and entering the URL manually gives
me an error.

I'd send you the log, but I don't know where to find it.

>>Also, if I click on the link to create a help message and try to
>>send it using the SpamBayes interface, it tells me:
>
> [...]
>
>>However, I don't see a field on the configuration page for the
>>SMTP details.
>

> That's because there isn't one.  The primary reason for entering the SMTP
> details are to use the SMTP proxy in conjuction with the POP3 proxy
> (sb_server) - SpamBayes then uses them for sending the automatic help
> messages.  However, with the IMAP filter, there's no need for the SMTP
> proxy, so those were left off the configuration page.

Makes sense.

> It completely slipped
> my notice that this would mean that you couldn't then use the automatic help
> message page (without manually editing the configuration file).

It's always the little things, isn't it? ;-)

Thanks for your help. Now if I can just get the script working
again....