[Spambayes] flaw in 1.0

Dan Jeffries dan_jeffries at cox.net
Wed Sep 29 01:53:22 CEST 2004

Hey guys,

I read the release notes and it says that nothing changed between RC2 and
1.0.  However, I've installed version 1.0, fresh, on two Windows XP Service
Pack 2, Office 2000 SP 3 machines and the installer crashes while
registering with Outlook.  The same thing happened when I upgraded from RC2
on my Windows 2000, Outlook 2000 SP 3 machine at home.  The program seems to
work anyway, but still it doesn't leave a good impression when a program
crashes on install!  So something must have changed between the two
releases, because this didn't happen for me with RC2.

Besides that the program works beautifully.  Keep up the excellent work.

-Dan