[Spambayes] Spambayes stopped working?

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Sep 28 08:17:47 CEST 2004

[Ian]
> When attempting to load HTTP://localhost:8880, I receive HTTP error 500
> [...]
> Black Ice firewall v3.6.cnr. Come to think, that was also a recent install

Is it possible that the firewall is blocking port 8880?  Look at the
firewall configuration and try opening up port 8880.  I don't use Black
Ice myself, so I can't help with the specifics.

If that doesn't help, type the command "netstat -a" at the DOS prompt,
with and without SpamBayes running.  That will tell you which ports are
open, and so will tell you whether SpamBayes is successfully opening port
8880 and whether there's another process using it.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com