[Spambayes] Sb_imapfilter.py crashing again

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Sep 27 09:29:06 CEST 2004

[Christopher Woo]
>>   File "c:\spambayes\scripts\sb_imapfilter.py", line 554, in Save
>>     raise BadIMAPResponseError("Cannot find saved message", "")
>> __main__.BadIMAPResponseError: The command 'Cannot find
>> saved message'
>> failed to  give an OK response.

[Jonathan Gilligan]
> I'm getting that crash all the time with sb_imapfilter. I
> submitted a bug report to the bug tracker on SourceForge.
> I would work on a solution, but I really don't know IMAP
> well enough to understand the problem and I would be
> worried that I'd only make things worse.

Sorry I haven't managed to get to that before now (I was away overseas for
most of the last month).  The new imapfilter script should be a lot better
than the 1.0 one, but it does need much more testing & work before it's as
stable.  (However, with the new script comes a set of unittests, so it
should stay stable in future).

In this particular case, what's happening is that the IMAP server is one
that when you write a new message and then search for it, won't give up the
response straight away (some do, some don't).  So it falls back to other
code that's designed to wait until the server tells the script what the id
of the new message is.  That code isn't working, though.

I'm out of time today, but will try and have a look at this tomorrow.  Since
you vaguely mentioned that if you knew enough you'd fix it, I'll be sure to
call on you for testing the fix ;)

=Tony Meyer

---