[Spambayes] Two users

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Sep 27 04:53:46 CEST 2004

> I have installed Spambayes on my XP home edition PC.  I am
> the administrator and there is one other user.  We both use OUTLOOK.
> I cannot get Spambayes to run for the other user.
> The instruction in your troubleshooting guide to execute:-
> regsvr32.exe /i:hkey_local_machine "c:\Program
> Files\SpamBayes\bin\outlook_addin.dll" doesn't make sense to
> me. How do I execute this?

Open up a command window (e.g. Start->Run->cmd.exe).

In the window, type

  regsvr32.exe /i:hkey_local_machine "c:\Program
Files\SpamBayes\bin\outlook_addin.dll"

(my mailer will break this into two lines - just keep typing until you get
to the end and only then press return).

That should pop up a little dialog box that tells you that it's registered
(or give an error if something goes wrong).

Alternatively, if you log in as the other use and run the installer again,
that would work, I believe.

=Tony Meyer

---