[Spambayes] Error trying to install SpamBayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 13 04:00:13 CEST 2004

> I am using a Dell Latitude Laptop running Win2K with Office
> 2000 / Outlook 2000.  When I try to install SpamBayes, I get
> the following
> Application Error:
>
> outlook_addin_register.exe-Application Error
> The instruction at "0X7801052d" references memory at
> "0X00e9e000".  The
> memory could not be "written".
> Click on OK to terminate the program
> Click on CANCEL to debug the program;

Annoyingly, this is an error that doesn't really provide any useful
information (but maybe Windows didn't have any to give).

What version of SpamBayes are you trying to install?  Was a previous version
already installed?
At what point in the install does this occur?  (i.e what does the install
wizard say)
If you restart and try again, does it still happen?
Do any other installers give you problems like this?
If you look in your temp directory (I think this is \Documents and
Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temp with Win2K) is there a
SpamBayes1.log file?  If so, could you send that to the list?

=Tony Meyer

---