[Spambayes] Exception or Error?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 13 03:56:19 CEST 2004

> I just got a spam mail but SpamBayes did not classify this one.
>
> --
>   .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 247, in setPayload
>   .  File "email\Parser.pyc", line 245, in _parsebody
>   .BoundaryError: multipart message with no defined boundary
> --

The Exception header is added when SpamBayes can't parse the message because
it's malformed.  Future releases will be able to handle these better.

> But when I used the function "Classify a message" it was correctly
> classified!?

Where did you get the text that you pasted into the box?  If it was missing
the headers, then that would explain it (because the headers is where the
malformation is).  Or if you got it from your mailer, then possibly the
mailer corrected the message when it arrived (some mailers do this).  If you
used the raw text that arrived, then that would also have failed (less
gracefully, probably).

=Tony Meyer

---