[Spambayes] Spam filter not working

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 6 05:36:58 CEST 2004

> I'm using MS Windows 2000 through Outlook on a network and
> my filter did not work today. the error message said:
> "Appears to be a problem running SpamBayes config., See
> Wizard and run config. mgr. to reconfigure the filter.
>
> I saw nothing that referred to the word Wizard, so after
> reading SpamBayes "help", I tried resetting the settings,
> logging out & then in.
> Pease help. The program is still not filtering and continues
> to get the message error.

The most typical reason for this error is that something has happened to
your unsure/spam folder (perhaps it was deleted or moved to a different
store).  Most likely, all you need to do is tell SpamBayes where to find
those again, and all will be well.  To do this:

 1. Open the SpamBayes Manager dialog.
 2. Click the Filtering tab.  You'll probably have to do this twice (it's a
minor bug).
 3. If either the unsure or spam folder has "<unknown folder>" as its entry,
click "Browse" next to that and locate the correct folder.

Otherwise, you can try re-running the initial configuration wizard, as
suggested.  To get to this:

 1. Open the SpamBayes Manager dialog.
 2. Click the "Configuration Wizard" button.

=Tony Meyer

---