[Spambayes] Some details that could be better

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Oct 1 02:23:08 CEST 2004

> I have just installed SpamBayes orc-1 on top of Outlook
> 2003 (I used to use it with outlook 2000) and now even
> though I have checked "Mark spam as read" it  does not do
> so.  When I check "Mark suspected spam as read", it does
> that correctly, but that is not what I want.  I want it
> to mark items as read when I delete them as spam from
> the suspect spam folder or from my inbox.
> Interestingly, it does mark spam as read if it detects it
> as spam (spam score over 90%) and automatically deletes
> it as spam.  I only have the problem when I use the
> "delete as spam" button.

It sounds like you don't have the right option selected.  What settings do
you have in the 'Training' tab of the SpamBayes Manager dialog?  You want
the bottom one to read "Clicking on Delete As Spam will mark the message as
read".

(Many people, including me, like having separate options for mail that you
manually delete as spam, and mail that is automatically moved to the spam
folder).

=Tony Meyer

---