[Spambayes] RE: you have a patched pop3 proxy?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 26 03:00:15 CET 2004

> I heard rumors that you have a patched pop3 proxy.
>
> What fixes have you incorporated?
>
> How would one get access to it?

I don't, really.  I have the CVS version of SpamBayes, which will eventually
become 1.1 and includes a great many changes, but that's available to anyone
that wants to run from source.  There are no plans to build a binary version
of this until 1.1a1 is ready - I imagine that will be early in the new year.

All the changes in the 1.0 branch (i.e. all the bug fixes) that I have are
in the (released yesterday) 1.0.1 version.

I suspect you're basing this on the message I posted where I offered to make
a test version of the installer for someone (who hasn't since responded).
That would just have been the same as 1.0.1 but with a tentative change (and
maybe extra logging) specifically designed to try and fix one problem.  If I
was certain that it would if the problem, I'd just make the change, but I'm
not.  (That particular problem was to do with the Outlook plug-in, IIRC).

There's really just two ways to get access to the latest SpamBayes code:

  * The safe way - wait until a new version is released, and use that.

  * The bleeding edge way - run from CVS source and risk having things stop
working temporarily if things go wrong, or have to rebuild databases (etc)
if incompatible changes are made.

=Tony.Meyer