[Spambayes] Unable to Access SpamBayes Browser Interface Usingsb_imapfilter.py

usr7-28hl at xemaps.com usr7-28hl at xemaps.com
Sat Nov 6 07:07:03 CET 2004

Hi, Tony.

I seem to be having trouble either posting to the list or
receiving my list posts. I posted a reply yesterday and haven't
seen it; I apologize is this is a repeat.

Tony Meyer wrote:

> There was a response from Scott Burns:
>
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes/2004-November/015109.html>
>
> He's correct that the problem here:
>

>>3. >telnet localhost:8880
>>Connecting to localhost:8880...Could not open connection to
>>the host, on post 23: Connect failed

For some reason, I didn't receive Scott's reply. (Thanks anyway,
Scott!) I even searched my entire account for a message from him
and didn't see one.

> Is that you need to do "telnet localhost 8880" (no colon) in order to test
> the connection.

I knew that! ;-) It is a little embarrassing; the "on post 23" is
somewhat of a giveaway, isn't it? Anyway, I'm pretty sure I did
test this using both formats at one time....

> When you know if you can telnet to it, you'll know whether the web interface
> isn't being served, or if it's a problem connecting to it in your browser.
> The latter is likely to be something to do with proxies or firewalls that
> you are using.  The former could be a SpamBayes bug.

A "telnet localhost 8880" also fails. So where do we go from
here, since it seems as though I'm the only one with this bug, or
whatever it may be?

Thanks.

--
Keith