[Spambayes] Unable to Access SpamBayes Browser Interface Using sb_imapfilter.py

Keith Russell usr7-28hl at xemaps.com
Wed Nov 3 07:29:09 CET 2004

I'm reposting this problem because it was buried in another
thread and apparently got lost:

When I start the IMAP script I'm not getting a browser window.
The verbose output gives me three messages, which look okay, with
no errors, but no browser. And opening a browser window and
entering the URL manually gives me an error. I also can't telnet
to localhost:8880. Here are the specifics:

1. >sb_imapfilter.py -c -t -l 5
SpamBayes IMAP Filter Version 0.4 (May 2004)
and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).

2. >sb_imapfilter.py -b -v
SpamBayes IMAP Filter Version 0.4 (May 2004)
and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).

c:\...\SpamBayes\Proxy\hammie.db is an existing database, with 0
spam and 0 ham
Done.

4. http://localhost:8880
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web
site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may
need to adjust your browser settings.

3. >telnet localhost:8880
Connecting to localhost:8880...Could not open connection to the
host, on post 23: Connect failed

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance....

--