[Spambayes] More Error Messages in log file?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 31 18:50:17 EDT 2004

> I have 10 Pst files with hundreds of folders in each of them.
> You are suggesting that I set SpamBayes up to watch over
> 1000 folders.

It really doesn't sound like SpamBayes is the filter for you, so by all
means google about for others.  However, if you do want to try to use it,
here are two suggestions:

  * You can use the "include subfolders" option when selecting folders.  I
presume that the hundreds of folders are in some sort of hierarchy, so this
would mean only selecting a few.  Still some work to setup, but that only
gets done once.  Of course, if there are subfolders that should be filtered,
and subfolders that shouldn't, then this won't work.

  * If you're using POP3, then you could use the proxy rather than the
plug-in.  Not as good a UI, but not bad, either.  This would guarantee that
all messages were classified before Outlook got to them.

=Tony Meyer

---