[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy: [PROBLEM SUMMARY]

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue May 25 19:35:19 EDT 2004

[...]
> DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error,
> run database
> recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')
>
> I don't know how to clear it as I have been reading through various
> posts.  Nor do I know how to rever in any way to a previous time.

This means that your database is corrupted, and cannot be recovered (despite
the wording of the message).  You need to delete the database file and start
training again.  The configuration page tells you where the database file
is, but it's most likely to be called "hammie.db" and be in the same place
as your configuration file.  This is probably C:\Documents and
Settings\[user]\Application Data\SpamBayes\Proxy.  Simply delete the
"hammie.db" and "spambayes.messageinfo.db" files, and all should work again.

Database corruption is quite uncommon these days, but we're not certain how
it can be caused.  Do you have any idea what might have caused yours?  Did
SpamBayes or your computer crash while training, or something like that?
Note that it might not have been just before the error occurred - sometimes
the corruption occurs, but the error doesn't pop up until a while later.

=Tony Meyer

---