[Spambayes] ANNOUNCE: SpamBayes release 1.0rc1

Rhesa Rozendaal perl at rhesa.com
Mon May 24 19:43:12 EDT 2004

Tony Meyer wrote:

>>[ I'm sorry to say I was so stupid to forget noting
>>the offending option before throwing everything away, so I cannot
>>include it here. I only remember there were two options in
>>that section, and the offending one ended in _to, value True ]
>
> Maybe notate_to?  There's still a residual problem with this, I think (from
> reading other messages), which I'll look into shortly.

That does sound familiar.

>>- Two of the new advanced options immediately caught my eyes: Default
>>training for spam/ham. I always had to manually check 'discard' for
>>those, so these looked like a real time saver. Given that I
>>receive an average of 300 messages a day, of which ~50% is spam, and I
>>only want to train on selected unsures, you can imagine it takes
>>quite a bit of scrolling to find the spam section. I was hoping
>>I could just quickly set the unsures to the correct values, and
>>jump down to the page to press Train, but unfortunately these
>>options are not honored. All hams still default to Ham, and all
>>spams to Spam.
>

> Did you set the options manually in your bayescustomize.ini file, or use the
> web interface to do it?  These ought to work (and do for others), so maybe
> they're not set right?  Do you get any errors in your log?  If not, could
> you maybe post the relevant extract from your bayescustomize.ini, in case
> something's not right there?

I set them through the web interface. Here's the section from the ini:

[html_ui]
default_ham_action:discard
default_spam_action:discard

This looks perfect to me, but unfortunately the training interface
doesn't seem to use them.
I couldn't find a log file though, so can't report on possible errors.
There wasn't one in either the AppData dir, or the ProgramFiles dir.
Event log didn't show me anything either, but I don't think you send
messages there anyway.
Where should the log file reside?

> Something along these lines is requested every now and then.  There's a
> tracker open about it (feel free to add comments):
>
> [ 917107 ] Extra train buttons on review page
> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=61702&atid=498106&func=detail&aid=
> 917107>
>
> I suspect some solution will be added in an early 1.1 release.

Thanks, I'll take a look at the tracker. And thank you for the reply.

Rhesa