[Spambayes] SpamBayes hanging

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun May 23 22:36:31 EDT 2004

> I´m using Windows 98 and after working well for some
> time, SpamBayes hangs up. Outlook says that it couldn´t
> connect to the server any more: server not responding ...
> The time is usualy longer than 30 minutes, until then SB
> works great !

Do you actually mean "Outlook Express" when you say "Outlook"?  Your message
looked like it was sent with OE, and with the Outlook plug-in SpamBayes
doesn't touch the receiving mail process, so it's unlikely to be at fault
here.  Note that there's a huge difference between Outlook and Outlook
Express (despite the similarity in name) and that it's important to use the
right name.

Assuming this is OE:

Have you tried connecting directly to the server?  (Just change OE to
connect back to the mail server rather than localhost, temporarily).  Maybe
this isn't actually SpamBayes related?  (Like maybe there is just a message
that is having trouble coming through?)

If it does work directly, but not through SpamBayes, please send us your
most recent log file.  The troubleshooting guide explains where to find
that.

=Tony Meyer

---