[Spambayes] SpamBayes works only with Administrator

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed May 5 18:06:36 EDT 2004

> I have tried installing SpamBayes, latest available binary installer
> 1.0b1, and it works fine if I install and run it as Administrator (at
> least I get the Wizard and the Toolbar in Outlook 2000).
> However, if I install it as a normal (limited) user, it doesn't. I am
> running Windows 2000 Professional SP4.

What happens when you try to install it as a normal user?  Do you get an
error message?  If so, what is it?  Does the install work, but you don't end
up with anything in Outlook?  If so, what does the log file contain?

> I have tried the sugestion for enabling the Plugin for all users, as
> described in the Troubleshooting guide, but I get an error message
> saying that the Dll was loaded, but the registration entry
> point was not found.

Something is wrong with using regsvr32 to do this (I don't know what, but it
doesn't work for me or many other people either).  However, you can use the
"outlook_addin_register.exe" program to do the same thing.  Run
"outlook_addin_register.exe hkey_local_machine" and see if that works.

=Tony Meyer

---