[Spambayes] Spambayes choking on certain SPAM

Michael Raith michaelr at bsp-training.de
Tue May 4 08:21:26 EDT 2004

Hello,

apparently SPAMbayes has a problem with SPAM mails that have a certain
structure... If it encounters one of those mails, the buttons "delete as
spam" oder "recover from spam" do not work.

As far as I can tell by looking, the SPAM-mails that cause this behavior
have a lot of quite long links embedded in them. (I could supply you
with a sample if you like - I just left it out right now to prevent
triggering your spamfilters. ;) )

We're running Windows 2000, Outlook 2002 and the Spambayes 1.0b1 plugin.
I have attached the section of the log that might give you some clues
about what went wrong..

Thanks for your help - and keep up the great coding.. :)

cu Michael

Michael Raith, IT Security
Dipl. Wirtschaftsinformatiker

BSP.CONSULT