[Spambayes] Problems with Lotus Notes script

Jeff Neuenschwander jeff at pathosfire.net
Sat May 1 13:54:35 EDT 2004

Hi, I've been using spambayes in conjunction with kmail for some time now, and
love it.  I enjoyed it so much that I set it up the outlook plugin on my
father's work computer, and he loved it too (as he gets 100 spams a day or so
at that acct).

He loved it for ten whole days until the company switched over to Lotus Notes.

When I try to use the spambayes Notes script to train the filter by running:

sb_notesfilter -t -c -p  spambayes -l
"C:\Documents and Settings\A518374\Local Se
ttings\Application Data\Lotus\Notes\Data\mail1\a518374.nsf" -f Spambayes

(I've also tried running with -d instead of -p, and it gives the same error)

I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\SPAMBA~1\scripts\sb_notesfilter.py", line 379, in ?
    sbfname, doTrain, doClassify)
  File "C:\SPAMBA~1\scripts\sb_notesfilter.py", line 290, in run
    bayes = storage.open_database(bdbname, useDBM)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'open_database'

I am a marginal python coder on a good day, but I did dig around a little bit,
and I noticed that storage.py does indeed, have no function called
"open_database".

Am I missing something really obvious here?

Thanks,

Jeff