[Spambayes] BUG REPORT

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Mar 18 17:31:15 EST 2004

> Firstly thank you to all contributors for the
> excellent work you did with SpamBayes.

You're welcome, from us all.

> When a message is selected in the "Junk Suspects" folder
> the toolbar button to declare it non-spam is not shown
> and therefore it is not available. Resetting the configuration
> of SpamBayes does not fix the problem. Reinstalling
> SpamBayes does not fix that problem.

This is a tricky problem.  There are many valid reasons why the "Recover
from spam" button wouldn't appear (not actually the right folder, Outlook
has hidden it, etc), but this is being reported a bit too often for me to be
entirely comfortable saying that that's the cause.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that any of the code to do with the display
of that button changed from 008.1 to 1.0a9, so I'm not sure what could be
going wrong.

If you're absolutely certain that you're in the right folder, it's correctly
configured, and Outlook isn't hiding the button, then the best thing to help
us would be to open a bug report <http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>, and
attach a screenshoot that shows the button isn't there when you're in the
appropriate folder (blank out anything you don't want seen in the image, as
long as it can be seen that it is the right folder, and the button is
missing), and a log file.  For this, it would probably help if you went into
the Manager dialog, to the Advanced tab, click Diagnostics, and set the log
verbosity to 9.  Then switch between any other folder and the "Junk
Suspects" folder a couple of times to make sure that the log has the
required information.  (You can then change the log verbosity back to the
default level).

=Tony Meyer

---