[Spambayes] Mailing List

Chris Mooney moonsail at marinanet.net
Tue Mar 9 18:53:02 EST 2004

I recently subscribed to Spambayes at the recommendation of a friend.  I
liked the sound of the methods your program uses to learn each users tastes.
I have been using my current e-mail id for about 15 months, and remarkably
only was receiving one or two junk mails a week.  My main reason for
installing Spambayes now was so I wouldn't forget about it by the time I
really needed it.

Within hours of installing Spambayes, I received a junk mail.  Within the
the next couple of days I was getting several a day.  Now after two weeks,
I'm getting five or six per day.  While your program is handling them great,
I resent the fact that you were obviously the source of spreading my e-mail,
and now that it's out there, I know from experience the abuse will only
grow.

I will not recommend your program to anybody unless they already have a
large problem with spam.

Chris Mooney