[Spambayes] Why do I get more spam when using SpamBayes?!?

David Ayres poptartgerms at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 07:30:03 EST 2004

I installed it at home, never got more than a few spam messages, but I
wanted to give it a try and keep any future spam messages from starting.  As
soon as I installed spambayes I started getting tons of spam.  Why is that?
That's ridiculous?  Here I installed a tool to help me stop spam, and it
causes more!  Aaaargh!  Maybe next I'll install some virus scanning software
full of viruses.  That would be great.

Now I'm getting over 50 spam messages daily in my home inbox.  That's
awesome.

I'm a developer myself, so maybe you there's a reason this happens that you
can't control.  If so, please explain, and I'll try to understand.  But as
of right now I hate this product.