[Spambayes] Size of Spam-Bayes DB in user profile

Robert Mezzone Robert.Mezzone at PJSolomon.Com
Wed Jun 23 07:50:58 EDT 2004

How long have you been using the program? Took me about a month to be fully
trained. Same for my users. After that period it's blocked virtually every
piece of Spam. I get a few every couple of days in the suspects folder but
the rest go to the Junk Mail folder. Also keeps my BB spam free.

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org <spambayes-bounces at python.org>
To: spambayes at python.org <spambayes at python.org>
Sent: Fri Jun 18 20:25:37 2004
Subject: [Spambayes] Size of Spam-Bayes DB in user profile

My Spam-Bayes DB file is over 10 MB. This is not the only problem with using
Spam-Bayes with a roaming profile, but it does trouble me. Is there a way to
reconfigure the product to run on Windows XP without loading up my profile.
I log on to many systems in my office, so I don't want to carry so much
overhead.

I am also troubled by a surprising amount of Spam that gets past Spam-Bayes.
I receive about 60 Spams/day. Spam-Bayes stops 30, suspects another 15, and
lets through about 15. I guess it's better than nothing, but I was frankly
expecting more protection.

Robert P. Lewis AIA
Director of Information Technology
Richard Meier & Partners Architects LLP