[Spambayes] Question about training database

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jun 9 21:02:30 EDT 2004

> I noticed the following.
> 179 Good, 729 Spam
>
> When I delete a message as Spam from the Inbox it now
> reports
>
> 178 good, 730 Spam (this makes sense)

This makes sense *if* the message that you did the "delete as spam" on was
already trained on as ham (so 1x untrain ham and 1x train spam)

> When I Recover from Spam, either the same message I just
> deleted, or any other message it reports the following
>
> 179 good, 730 Spam.

This makes sense if the message that you did the "recover from spam" on was
not already trained as spam (so 0x untrain spam and 1x train ham).  This
should not be the case with the same message (as you *have* trained it).
That's not the case here, though - I get the expected behaviour.

Are you certain that this is what is happening?  If so, then a log file
demonstrating this would be of use - perhaps something is going wrong with
the training.  (The troubleshooting guide explains where to find the log
files).

=Tony Meyer

---