[Spambayes] Deleting a Message as Spam Takes a Long Time

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Thu Jun 3 16:00:32 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 11:07, Laron Swapp wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> I've really liked using the SpamBayes system but have found recently that
> deleting a message as spam takes 5-10 seconds.  Is this normal?  My database
> has about 120 messages in it.

It's been a while since I've used the outlook plugin, but if you have
the move button also set to train, then it can cause a bit of a delay
esp. if you have a slower machine (and keep in mind sb is not a speed
demon to start with).

> Also, when I make it so SpamBayes marks a message as read, Outlook doesn't
> clear the envelope tray icon in the taskbar telling me I have new mail.  Is
> there any way to make the tray icon go away when I get junk mail?

I tried to do the same, I gave up on this, and just turn off the icon in
outlook.

Mike