[Spambayes] Outlook Web Access

Robert Mezzone Robert.Mezzone at PJSolomon.Com
Wed Jul 14 13:37:51 CEST 2004

It works the same with a Blackberry. Leave outlook running on the desktop,
move the message between folders on the handheld and they also move back in
the office, at least when using the Exchange version of the BB enterprise
server and have wireless reconciliation turned on. Moving messages in this
manner also trains Spambayes.

Hth.

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org <spambayes-bounces at python.org>
To: 'Carl Kornago' <CKornago at rrc.mb.ca>; spambayes at python.org
<spambayes at python.org>
Sent: Tue Jul 13 20:15:20 2004
Subject: RE: [Spambayes] Outlook Web Access

> Can spambayes be setup to work the Exchanges
> Outlook Web Access?

Not really.  SpamBayes can't interface with OWA at all.  However, if you
have Outlook running (with SpamBayes installed) then mail will still be
filtered, and you'll be able to see the changes with OWA.  If you have the
'incremental training' options set, then you can also train SpamBayes with
OWA by moving messages.

For example: if I leave Outlook running here in my office, and access my
mailbox from home with OWA, my office machine is still taking care of
filtering out the junk mail.  If I manually move (with OWA) a message from
my Inbox to my spam folder, then my office machine will notice this and
train it appropriately.

It's not what I imagine you were after, but it's the best we can offer at
the moment.  Interfacing with OWA would be a very difficult task.

=Tony Meyer

---

Spambayes at python.org