[Spambayes] install question

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jul 4 08:41:54 CEST 2004

[Sorry about the delay in replying; we've all been fairly busy recently.]

> I downloaded spambayes, but had some other problems,
> so I uninstalled it and went to download it again,
> the download goes fine but when I open up outlook,
> the install wizard does not open.  I have even gone to
> tools, options, other, advance other, COM add-in and
> checked the spambayes box.  But that box does not stay
> checked.  What am I doing wrong?

What version of SpamBayes is this?  What version of Outlook is this?  If
it's Outlook 2002 (XP) or 2003 you could check to see if it's listed in the
"Disabled Items" list (Help->About Microsoft Outlook->Disabled Items).

Do you get a SpamBayes log file created?  (The troubleshooting guide
explains where to find that). If so, could you send us a copy?

=Tony Meyer

---