[Spambayes] Suggested patch for sb_mboxtrain.py

Shawn Dyer sdyer at dyermail.net
Mon Jan 26 02:06:38 EST 2004

When I ran sb_mboxtrain.py on my Maildir inbox, the timestamp on all of
the files was touched, which messed up the way Courier IMAP sorts by
receive date. Here is a suggested patch for sb_mboxtrain.py to preserve
the timestamps on the Maildir messages that it trains. I made it on my
local copy and can confirm that a training run will preserve the
timestamps on the original email files even when it adds the trained
header. The same technique would probably be useful for MHDir messages,
but I do not use that and so cannot test.

*** spambayes-1.0a7/scripts/sb_mboxtrain.py     Tue Nov  4 04:02:40 2003
--- ../spambayes-1.0a7/scripts/sb_mboxtrain.py  Mon Jan 26 00:53:02 2004
***************
*** 92,97 ****
--- 92,98 ----

      import time
      import socket
+     import shutil

      pid = os.getpid()
      host = socket.gethostname()
*** 120,125 ****
--- 121,127 ----
          f = file(tfn, "wb")
          f.write(msg.as_string())
          f.close()
+         shutil.copystat(cfn,tfn)
          # XXX: This will raise an exception on Windows.  Do any Windows
          # people actually use Maildirs?
          os.rename(tfn, cfn)