[Spambayes] RE: continual training

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 20 20:52:07 EST 2004

> Does SB continually train itself after it is installed, or do
> I need to tell it to train every so often?

SpamBayes doesn't do any training by itself.  Whether or not you need to
tell it to train depends on how well it's doing, of course, but you probably
will.  Note that the Outlook plug-in has "incremental training" options
which perform training by moving messages into or out of the spam folder
(definitely) & watched folders (IIRC).

Note also that 'mistake based training' - i.e. training on false positives,
false negatives and unsures - seems to work quite well for most people, so
if you just use the "Delete as Spam" and "Recover from Spam" buttons, that
should be all the training you need.

=Tony Meyer

---