[Spambayes] Please help!! :)

Peter Ward peter at pward.com
Sun Jan 11 06:17:21 EST 2004

Hi there,

I think your program is great, but for some reason, it does not work on my
desktop pc at home. I have scoured through the troubleshooting and followed
all of your recommended procedures but it has failed to solve the problem,
which is this:

I am unable to "configure" spambayes! When I select the "Configuration
Wizard" from the Spambayes Manager option on the toolbar, the wizard fails
to pop up! It seems to work on my laptop, but even when I have tried
de-installing the entire program and deleting all of the associated files,
including the log files in the local settings folder and the outcmd.dll file
in the application data/microsoft/outlook folder, and the the problem still
persists.

When I re-install Spambayes, it automatically remembers the training
settings but does not allow me to select the configuration wizard. This is
even when I have deleted the "Junk Mail" and "Suspicious Junk Mail" folders
that are automatically set up. Interestingly, when I re-installed it, these
folders were not re-created. The problem arose in the first place when I
accidentally deletd the "Junk Mail" folder and all of it's contents. Since
then, I have been unable to run the configuration wizard at all.

Finally, I have looked in Tools - Options - Other - Advanced Options - COM
Add-Ins and there is nothing in there, no matter how many times I have
reinstalled it. The same applies to the version on my laptop!! When looking
at the log file, the final statement gives the following error:

File "out1.pyz/msgstore", line 337, in GetFolder
NotFoundException: NotFoundException: Exception 0x8004010a
(MAPI_E_OBJECT_DELETED): OLE error 0x8004010a

On my laptop, the error reads: NotFoundException: Exception 0x8004010a
(MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND): OLE error 0x8004010f
Cancelling Wizard

The only difference being that on my laptop, the configuration wizard DOES
work.

Please help, as I have spent half the day trying to resolves this, but to no
avail.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest rgards,

Pete