[Spambayes] pop3proxy web ui

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Sat Jan 10 08:38:03 EST 2004

I was reviewing messages and prematurely clicked Train before I had
reviewed them all.  I wasn't sure how best to re-review those messages,
so I built a list of all the message IDs in the various
pop3proxy-*-cache folders (the message IDs are simply the filenames, it
seems).  And then, one-by-one, I entered the message IDs into the Find
Message area of the home page.  Maybe there's a more straightforward way
I could have re-reviewed a set of messages?

In the meantime, here are some ideas for tweaking the web UI to make
what I did a little easier:

1.  Use a textarea for entering the IDs.  That way I could have just
plopped the whole list in there.

2.  Use GET instead of POST for that form.  That way, I could have just
modified the URL either one-by-one (e.g., review?messageID=x) or in
batch (e.g., review?messageID=x&messageID=y...).

If either of those seems like a good idea, I'd be willing to submit a
patch--heh, once I figure out where the dang HTML is ;-)

Cheers,

// m