[Spambayes] can't read localhost

Lionrhod dochiel212 at lionrhod.com
Wed Jan 7 10:07:08 EST 2004

Hi!

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I've just tried to setup spambayes on my
computer.  I followed the instructions in the readme file, however when I try
to go to http://localhost:8880 my browser tells me "the connection was
refused."

I'm a programming dummy, so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't have
the slightest what.  I downloaded the latest version of python, set that up,
downloaded spambayes-1.0a7.zip and ran python setup.py and pop3proxy_service.py
(I am running xp).  Each of those programs briefly opened a dos window and then
disappeared.  Then I configured my email to localhost and tried to go to
localhost:8880.  No dice.

I use calypso for mail and I'm trying very hard to not change over to outlook
express.  (Since that would mean a massive amount of confusion in my mailboxes)
It's possible that spambayes just doesn't work with calypso, but I think the
problem is something else - maybe localhost:8880 isn't right for my machine?

Thanks much for any help you can provide,

Lion