[Spambayes] Spam Baes Question

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jan 7 00:26:53 EST 2004

> > Note that this may change in future versions, as apparently this
> > 'keeping track' behaviour is confusing <0.5 wink>.
> Confusing or not, I hope you don't change that.

Even if it's replaced with 'keeping track' by name, instead?  At the moment,
if you delete your spam folder, then create a new one in the same place with
the same name, Outlook and therefore SpamBayes know that it's not the same,
and so SpamBayes doesn't use it.  Under the proposed new scheme, it would,
because all it cared about was what the name was.  OTOH, if you renamed your
spam folder, you'd have to change the SpamBayes settings to match.

It would be good to get more feedback about how people feel about this.
It's certainly not going to be done by the next release, anyway.