[Spambayes] Learning process spambayes

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Thu Jan 1 11:24:26 EST 2004

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 16:59:48 +0100, Kajetan Beler <kajetanb at broadpark.no>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>    Thanks for a great plug-in for fighting the spam. I'm using it
>    with great success but there is one question I could not find answer
>    for. The option were the spambayes learn to differentiate ok mail from
>    spam mail. One chooses the folder where the spam is and where the ok
>    mail is. Then one can start the learning process.
>    What I would like to know is this; Can I remove/delete the spam from
> the
>    spam directories after learning? Or do the spam has to stay there for
>    ever?

It's up to you.  You may certainly delete it, with no ill effects.
However, if you ever need to retrain your database, for example, if your
system crashes and manages to corrupt your database, then you'll need spam
to train it with.  If you've deleted all your spam, you'll have to start
over with new spam as it arrives, and the filter will take a while to get
back to optimal results.  Other than that contingency, there is no reason
to keep any spam around.

>     Sincerely
>
>      Kajetan
>
>    PS; Please do not post my question.

You sent it to the list.  Posting was unavoidable.

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Te stesso esprimere; Express yourself!
Tim Stone