[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Feb 17 19:00:14 EST 2004

> I have trained 0 ham and 11 spam.

Note that this will give you terrible results - everything will look like
spam.  You should try and keep the ham and spam numbers approximately even.

> The problem I am having is: I am unable to train using redirect
> through my email client (The Bat). The smtp proxy doesn't return
> any clues. This function was working previous to v0.4.

Sorry - there is a bug with the SMTP proxy in the latest release.  It's
already been fixed in CVS, so will make it into the next release.

If you like, you should be able to get smtpproxy.py from CVS (version 1.6),
drop it into your Lib/site-packages/spambayes folder, and that should fix
it.  Other than that, all I can recommend is to use the web interface for
training, for the moment.

=Tony Meyer

---