[Spambayes] RE: Most Recently Received Email Not Filtered

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Feb 14 18:37:10 EST 2004

> I'm still puzzled though as to why (other than effort)
> you wouldn't want to avoid having to ensure the presence
> of the field by trapping the errors the absence of the
> field might cause and dealing with the issue more contemporaneously.

Well, I learnt something new today too - what 'contemporaneously' means :)

We don't use the field at all.  We have no need for the field.  The field is
created purely to make it easier for the user to display the 'Spam' column
in their Outlook view.  Without this code, each user would be forced to jump
through hoops in the 'Field Chooser' to get this to work.

> SpamBayes is absolutely the most freakin' awesome piece of open software
> available! I think the FCC should give you guys a commendation.

FCC?  Isn't that some American thing? <wink>

Mark.