[Spambayes] Outlook has become really slow since installing SB

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Fri Feb 13 13:02:08 EST 2004

[Frank Corley]
> My Outlook has become very sluggish since installing Spambayes.  Can
> anyone tell me if this might be caused by SB, or should I look
> elsewhere?  I haven't changed anything else on the computer, and all
> my other apps runs just like they used to, that's why I'm suspicious.

Outlook may certainly become sluggish while new email is arriving and
SpamBayes is scoring it -- SpamBayes is doing a lot of work then to analyze
the email.  There should be no difference in Outlook speed when SpamBayes
isn't scoring new messages (SpamBayes doesn't do anything then -- it just
sits there, waiting for Outlook to tell it when new messages arrive).