[Spambayes] Identified as ham, but sent to spam folder

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 12 16:53:12 EST 2004

> I'm using version 0.81 with Outlook 2002 SP-2 under
> Windows XP. My training ratio is about 1:1 and my filtering
> limits are at the default 15% and 90%. I am getting
> excellent results overall. However -- rarely -- Spambayes
> will identify an item as ham with a score of 0%, then move
> it to the spam folder anyway. The latest example is below.
> This has happened only a couple of times, and each time
> it occurred when Outlook was starting up. That may be
> coincidental, of course. My particular setup does have the
> known problem of the last new spam item not getting moved
> when Outlook starts. Perhaps they are related.

This is also a known problem, and, unfortunately, one without a known
solution.  There's an open bug report about it:

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=872412&group_id=61
702&atid=498103>

If you would, it would be great if you added details about your particular
setup (Outlook, Windows & SpamBayes version, for example) to the tracker (if
you monitor it, you'll also see when we manage to fix this).

I suspect that you're right in that it's related to the other no score/0
score errors - at least they all seem very similar.  (For reference, the bug
reports about those are linked below).  We'll hopefully sort this one out
soon, although, AFAIK, it's not fixed in 1.0a9 (0.9).

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=737619&group_id=61
702&atid=498103>
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=793830&group_id=61
702&atid=498103>