[Spambayes] : Stopping spam at SMTP Level

dont bother dontbotherworld at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 23:20:53 EST 2004

Hey,

Here is a couple of another questions. They may sound
vague.

People have been implementing filters such as bayesian
etc etc on the mailservers to stop spam which has come
all the way and used up all the bandwidth.
I am so surprised that no one has ever thought of
finding out a solution that does not allow the f***ing
 spammers to send so many mass emails, porn etc. I
have come across a few like some payment solutions but
none of that has yet been implemented.

Why not to modify the exisiting SMTP Applications
which incorporate prevention of the abuse of email?
Is int the http protocol has been modified to https
where security is needed and SSL 1.0, SSL 2.0 has all
been replaced by SSL 3.0 and TLS?

Another vague question is that if you are implementing
the Spam Filtering Business at the Mailserver of the
Receiver why not to implement that at the Mailserver
of the Sender? How about implemeting them at Routers?
too expensive? Routers may be busy doing other than
their usual business :-)

Thanks,
Dont