[Spambayes] RE: tbird and spambayes not playing well together.

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 20:09:30 CET 2004

sean wrote:
> Went and got today's cvs.
> [snip]
>
> sb_server.py
> SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0.1 (November 2004)
> and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).
> [snip]
>
> KeyError: ('Classifier', 'x-use_bigrams')

Looks like you didn't pull all latest CVS, then.  If you were running the
latest CVS then sb_server would actually report as "Version 1.0rc1" because
the version number has not been updated on the trunk since the 1.0 release
was branched.  Also, the "x-use_bigrams" option is no longer experimental so
is now just "use_bigrams", which is probably where the error is coming from.

I suspect that you are either updating from the release 1.0 branch rather
than from the trunk, or you only updated a portion of the files.  First,
make sure that you are not fixed to a CVS branch in any of your SpamBayes
source directories.  Second, make sure that you have done a "cvs update" for
everything and not just the scripts directory.  Third, I notice that your
spambayes package files are coming from your "site-packages" directory which
means that you must have run "setup.py install" at some point, so make sure
you re-run that to update your "site-packages" installation after pulling
the latest sources.

--
Kenny Pitt