[Spambayes] Looking for advice: Thunderbird's built-in spam filter vs. Spamba yes

Rick Friedman RickFriedman at vfemail.net
Mon Dec 13 16:03:40 CET 2004

Katz, Amir wrote:
> I am using various POP3 clients at home (Outlook Express, Eudora) with
> Spambayes Proxy installed. All is well regarding to spam filtering.
>
> I'm now in the process of switching to Thunderbird 1.0 and one of its
> claims to fame is the Bayesian spam filter.
>
> So, from people's experience - how good is TB's filter compared to SB?

As I recall, Thunderbird's spam filter is actually based on SpamBayes.
Again, as I recall, there is a difference in the tokenizing that
Thunderbird does as compared to SpamBayes. SpamBayes tokenizing is more
"complete."

I use Thunderbird. Instead of it's built-in filter, I use SpamBayes. It
definitely seems to work better than Thunderbird's built-in filter.

Rick
--
  "Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written
today." - Herman Wouk