[Spambayes] Recognizing Posts vs E-mails

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 19:06:31 CEST 2004

Tony Meyer wrote:
> To make the change, edit the file Outlook2000\msgstore.py.  The line
> is around 859 and will read '''for check in "ipm.note",
> "ipm.anti-virus":''' (without the 's) at the moment.  Change it to
> something like '''for check in "ipm.anti-virus",:''' (without the 's)
> and that should work.

If I'm reading the code correctly, this statement specifies the list of
message classes that will be *accepted*, not the ones that will be
*rejected*.  I think you'll need to add the public post message class to the
list instead of removing anything that's there.

The following Microsoft support article indicates that the message class for
items sent to a public folder in Exchange 2000+ is "IPM.Post" instead of
"IPM.Note".

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292484

I also found the following site that lists known message classes for
Exchange.  It appears that "IPM.Note" is the standard message class for
received messages.

http://www.somorita.com/faq/exchange/messageclasses.asp

--
Kenny Pitt