[Spambayes] Not Auto Filtering Messages

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 18 07:03:36 CEST 2004

>    I am running Spambayes 1.0rc2 on my Oulook Express at my
> office.

Do you mean Outlook?  The rest of the message sounds like the Outlook
plug-in, not using sb_server with Outlook Express (they are very different
programs from the same company).

> Recently, and I am not sure why, the system is no longer
> filtering the messages as they arrive. I can still manually
> go to FILTER MESSAGES and it will work great, but it does not
> filter the messages as they arrive. I have tried to toggle
> the ENABLE BACKROUND FILTERING button in the advance setup
> section, but that has not seemed to make a difference.  I
> would appreciate any help that you can provide me.

Could you provide the list with a copy of your most recent log file?  It
should have some more clues.  The troubleshooting guide explains where to
find the log files.

=Tony Meyer

---