[Spambayes] Troubleshooting Help

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Aug 16 03:41:06 CEST 2004

[Tony Meyer]
>> The most likely culprit is a database problem (to which the
>> solution is retraining from scratch).  If you send us a copy
>> of your most recent log file, we would be able to tell for sure.

[Steve Kocino]
> Thanks for the reply Tony... Log file attached.

Unfortunately, this is a case of a corrupt database.  To fix, you need to go
to the Training tab of the SpamBayes Manager dialog and recreate the
database from scratch (or you can use the Wizard from the General tab to do
this).

These errors are very rare, so it's highly unlikely that you'll come across
this again.  However, if you do, we would be very interested in knowing
about anything unusual about your setup that might be triggering the
problem.  Other than Outlook crashing (or similar like a power cut) during
training, and accessing the database from multiple machines at the same
time, we don't know what can cause this problem.  While we're probably going
to simply move to a different database format in the future, we are still
interested in trying to track down any more causes for the problem.

=Tony Meyer

---