[Spambayes] No dialog box in Outlook

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 11 07:08:38 CEST 2004

> Indeed the toolbar does not appear in Outlook. I
> also made sure it is not hidden by Outlook. There
> is no toolbar.

I can't be sure without seeing the log, but that sounds a lot like the
plug-in isn't installed or registered.  When it was installed were you
logged in as the same user?  (It's only installed for the current user).

> I did not delete the configuration training data.
> Unfortunately I cannot trigger the training data
> via the manager dialog because the toolbar is not
> available.

You can manually delete these - it's all the stuff in the SpamBayes folder
in your 'application data' directory.  Probably /Documents and
Settings/{username}/Application Data if you're using WinXP.  The FAQ &
troubleshooting guide explain where it is likely to be with other Windows
versions.

> I have tried the instructions in the trouble shooting guide
> but could not resolve the issue.
> Where do I locate the data file that you may need to
> resolve this issue?

The troubleshooting guide also explains where to find the log files.  They
are stored in the temp folder and called "Spambayes1.log", "Spambayes2.log"
and so on.  Where your temp folder is will depend on your Windows
configuration and version.  With WinXP by default it will be /Documents and
Settings/{username}/Local Settings/Temp, but see the troubleshooting guide
for more information.

=Tony Meyer

---