[Spambayes] No Defined Boundary

Michael Kimball michael at kimballpottery.com
Mon Aug 9 17:21:36 CEST 2004

Richard B Barger ABC APR wrote:

> Tony Meyer wrote:
>
> > > Suddenly, I'm getting bunches of "multipart message[s] with no defined
> > > boundary."  They don't show a Classification Header or Spam
> > > Probability, so my system treats them as ham.
> >
> > Perhaps you could treat any mail with a "X-SpamBayes-Exception" header as
> > unsure?  (ham is much less likely to be malformed, IMO).
>
> RBB:  Thank you for the suggestion, Tony, but I'm not sure how to do that in
> Netscape 4.79 Mail using the POP3 Proxy.  So far as I know, Netscape Mail
> doesn't give me the capability of searching for, or sorting on, something in the
> message header.

Yeah.  It does!

In your Netscape Messenger click Edit | Message Filters | New |
Advanced, which opens a dialog to 'Customize Headers'.  Type
"X-SpamBayes-Exception" in the 'New Message Header' box, click 'Add',
click 'OK'. This will drop you back to your 'New' Message Filter dialog,
with 'X-SpamBayes-Exception' included in the drop down list of elements
to filter on (subject, sender, body, date, etc).  Just select your newly
added header and configure the new filter as you would any other.

Hope this helps.